How does an organization innovate when its’ culture is rigidly entrenched in “this is how it’s done here” mentality? Enable your innovators, so they become contributors VS disruptors.
A few thoughts below, shared with me this morning by the leader of an innovation group:
• The culture of innovation motivates to take risks and dare to venture off the beaten path.
• Integration is the art of finding that rare gem and maximizing its full potential as quickly as possible.
• Motivation targets the organization’s ability to keep the flame that makes innovators so creative and efficient.
• Leadership greatly influences the performance of teams, especially in a matrix and collaborative context.
• Behaviors both reinforce and demolish innovations, so it is important to focus on them.
• The values associated with innovation rally all the key players towards success, commercial and operational.
• Retention is fundamental, because humans innovate from what they know and by taking that knowledge to another level.
• Organizational capacity provides the means to achieve its innovation ambitions.
• The business model has immense potential for innovation, yet often may kill it, given resistance to change.